Monday, November 4, 2013

Journal Update due Friday

Please complete the following based on your free read book:


1. You need to tell me about what you've been reading. If it's a novel, tell me about the plot, about what's happened since the book started, or since the last update. If it's a non-fiction book, tell me about the content. The purpose of this is to convince me that you have, yes, actually been reading this book.

2. You need to tell me some response you've had to the book so far. Most of all, be sure to include whether or not you are enjoying the book, or, if you've finished, whether or not you enjoyed it! That's always the best place to start. Then, try to say why you enjoyed it or not. You might tell if you have learned something from this book. Tell about a scene or character you liked or didn't like. Tell how the situation in the book relates or does not relate to your real life. Tell what you would have done had you been a particular character. If you haven't finished the book, try to predict what will happen next. You do not HAVE TO write those things to say why you enjoy or don't enjoy a book, but they are some ideas. Just remember that a Reading Update isn't complete unless you have told me about the book, and about your feelings about the book.


I will read updates on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment