Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Writing Better Emails

wAT? y shud i rite betta emaisl?

UGH, gross.

You are almost 8th graders and you need to fully embrace your duty at digital citizens.

Most teachers are not pleased (or impressed) when they receive emails that just say "what is my grade" without a heading, subject, punctuation, or even closing "thank you".

Track your learning:
I can statements:
  • communicate effectively
  • write with purpose
  • demonstrate understanding of effective vs. ineffective email communication

Keep in mind:
Today we will:

1. Follow this link and complete both concept areas
2. Correct the email below

3. Write me an email response about the following statement: I am considering adopting a sloth for our class pet. I am on the fence about this idea and I need you to convince me that this is either a good or bad idea. You need to include at least two reasons to support your argument. Make sure your email is in the correct format, contains appropriate word choice, correct grammar/punctuation, etc. Have fun and be creative. 










*materials from common sense media

No comments:

Post a Comment