Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ancient Greece/Rome Project and Rubric

What you will be doing:

Greece/Rome Independent Research Project


  1. Students choose a project from the menu or propose a self-selected topic

  1. Complete initial research steps with Mr. Werner & Mrs. Kozaka

  1. Choose a product from the Product Choices Chart

  1. Finish research with product and audience in mind

  1. Complete product and present



Your choices:

Warning: Student Choice is the hardest and most time consuming option


Grading Rubric:

Research Standard
Level 4 Descriptor
Score
Defining the task
I defined the research task:
-I developed an essential question to answer.
-I identified the needed information and made a research plan.
-I was able to narrow or expand my topic based on preliminary searching.
Performance Indicators:  


Locate and Access Information
I was able to access and gather information efficiently and effectively:
-I evaluated technology resources and for strengths and weaknesses
-I located resources using basic and advanced search strategies (i.e. author, title, keyword, subject; Boolean operators or limiters, copyright year, material type).
-I used a system for organizing information and recording citation information

Use the Information
I evaluated my resources:
-I was able to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information recognizing inconsistencies
or false claims, prejudice, deception, or manipulation.  
-I evaluated reliability, validity, accuracy, authority, timeliness, and point of view or bias.


Synthesize the Information
(The Product)
I organized new information from multiple sources to create a product that communicates the findings my research.
Performance Indicator:
-I determined whether the information from multiple sources fits together.
-I drew conclusions based upon information gathered.
-I have combined prior knowledge (or information from class) with information learned through research to show my new understanding.
-I have chosen the product that best fits my topic.


Download Files Here

No comments:

Post a Comment